There are so many things to do when preparing for a kids’ birthday party so you can make some natural mistakes. In the rush of everything, you might miss a few things here and there so here are some of the most common mistakes done when organizing a kids’ birthday party that you need to avoid.
- Committing to a theme too earlyLittle ones have very mobile minds. They change very quickly. One moment they like Batman and the next they like Superman. It can be a total mess if you have already ordered the cake, made the decorations and got a jumping castle hire in West Sydney that matches the theme. So, get all the additional elements done and keep the theme related elements for last. Ask your kid if they are very sure with their choice. Tell them that there is no turning back.
- Inviting the whole classMost kids don’t enjoy much when there is too much of people. The jumping castles will be crowded, the swings will be occupied, so your kid might not feel very comfortable. So, make sure you never invite the entire class unless it is very small. Handling about 40 kids can be too much work. Also, there could be kids that your little one does not like. The last thing you need is for him to be sad and bullied at his own party.
- Skipping the nap on party dayNo matter how interesting your party is, if you did not let your kid have the usual nap, he is sure to doze off any minute during the party. You don’t want the birthday boy to fall asleep now, would you? It is essential that he feels fresh and energized, ready to have some fun.
- Not paying attention to your guests’ needsAllergies are very common among little kids. So, you need to be extra careful with them. When their parents come to drop them off, make sure you ask them about such medical conditions. Do not forget to get their contact information so that you could contact them during any emergency. The phone number will come in handy when you the party is over and to ask them to come pick their child up.
- Not having a gift opening strategySome parents consider gift opening a must at the party while others keep it for later. If you open them at the party itself, you could see the immense joy on your little one’s face. However, the downside of it is that the other kids will start playing with the new toys before your kid and it could turn out to be a pretty ugly fight.